Running the Optimize CloudFormation
The Symbee Connect Optimize screen recording and evaluations features result in the generation of data that needs to be stored within your AWS Account for security purposes.
To use these features, the following steps guide you through downloading and running the Optimize CloudFormation in your AWS Account, which creates an S3 Bucket and associated permissions to allow this data to be pushed into your account.
Download and install the Optimize CloudFormation
Log into the Symbee Connect Administration Portal.
If you have more than one Environment configured within your Company in Symbee Connect, on the top Navigation bar, ensure you select the appropriate Environment you wish to configure for Optimize before downloading any CloudFormation script.
Then click on the main Function menu in the top navigation bar, and click on Feature Integrations (CloudFormations) in the Company Environment Configuration section.
From the Feature Integrations (AWS CloudFormations) page, scroll down and locate the Optimize CloudFormation and click the download link to download.
You will be prompted with a Save As dialog screen.
Save the OptimizeCloudFormation.yaml file locally to your PC for use in the following steps.
Log Into your AWS Management Console.
Make sure you are in the correct AWS region for where you want to deploy (this can be found on the top right of the Navigation bar).
Click on Services at the top, and under Management and Governance, choose CloudFormation.
From the CloudFormations console, select Stacks in the left-hand navigation bar, and select Create Stack (with new resources (standard)) (button is in the top right of the screen).
You will be presented the Create Stack view for creating/deploying a new CloudFormation script (known as a stack):
- Under the Prepare Template section, select Template is Ready
- Under Specify Template, select Upload a template file
- Under Upload a template file, click Choose File
- In the resulting file selector, find and upload the file you saved from Step 6 above
- Click Next at the bottom
On the next Specify stack details page, populate the parameters as follows:
- Under Stack Name at the top, give your stack an appropriate name - for example: symbee- yourenvironment -optimize or similar
- For AWSLambdaBasicExecutionRoleARN, leave the default value already populated.
- For AllowAnalyticsAccess, leave the default value of false.
- For LambdaDistroBucket, from the drop-down, select the software distribution S3 bucket to pull Lambda binaries from that matches the AWS region you are deploying the stack in.
- For LambdaExportSourceFile, select the latest optimize-evaluations-export lambda binary version from the dropdown (there will only be 1 version to pick from - this is normal)
- For LambdaSourceFile, select the optimize-enablement lambda binary version from the dropdown (again, there will only be 1 version to pick from)
- For LogLevel, leave as ERROR. Lower log level values are provided for troubleshooting purposes
- For PauseResumeEnabled, set this to true if you are also using the Symbee Connect Pause/Resume recording features, otherwise set this value to false.
- For S3AudioBucket, this needs to be populated with the name of the S3 bucket where your Amazon Connect call recordings are being stored. If you don't know it, you can find this bucket name by going to the Amazon Connect service outer console, selecting your Connect instance, and then selecting the Data storage section on the left-had navigation menu. Then under Call recordings on the right, it will show the name of the S3 bucket where call recordings are being stored.
- For S3TranscriptBucket, this needs to be populated with the name of the S3 bucket where your Amazon Connect chat transcripts are being stored. This is usually the same S3 bucket where the call recordings are being stored (that you used above).
- Click on Next
On the Configure Stack options, keep all the defaults, and click Next at the bottom
On the Review page, scroll to the bottom, check the blue "I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources" check box, and click the Submit button at the bottom to complete
The stack will take a few minutes to run. Click the refresh button to see progress, until deployment is complete.
Enable Optimize within Symbee Connect
Once the Optimize CloudFormation has been deployed, follow these steps to configure the associated settings within your Symbee Connect Company Environment settings.
- Log into the Symbee Connect Administration Portal.
- If you have more than one Environment configured within your Company in Symbee Connect, make sure you have the appropriate one selected. This can be found on the Navigation bar to the left of the Function menu.
- Select Symbee Connect Integration from the main Function menu in the top navigation bar under Company Environment Configuration.
- From the Symbee Connect Integration screen, expand the Optimize Configuration section
- Set the Screen Recording Storage Region setting to the name of the AWS Region you deployed your Optimize CloudFormation into. For example, for US Virginia, you would set to: us-east-1
- Set the Evaluation Dynamo Region setting to the name of the AWS Region you deployed your Optimize CloudFormation into (same value as above).
- If you want to allow your agents to be able to dispute/contest evaluations during review, check the Allow users to dispute evaluations checkbox. Otherwise leave it unchecked.
- If you are enabling evaluation disputes above, add some appropriate instructions to the User instructions for evaluation disputes text box - this message is displayed to the user or agent at the bottom of the evaluation during their review.
- Click Save (top right) to save your configuration updates.