Symbee Connect is purchased through the AWS Marketplace, and is billed in a pay-as-you-go model, based on agent logged-in-minute.
Symbee Connect usage will then appear as a line-item on your AWS Account bill.
You subscribe to Symbee Connect by logging into the AWS Console for the AWS Account your Amazon Connect instance (or instances) resides in.
When logged in to your AWS Account, from the AWS Console:
- From the Services dropdown menu on the top left.
- Under AWS Cost Management select AWS Marketplace Subscriptions (or simply start entering "Marketplace" in the Search box), and select.
- From the resulting AWS Marketplace screen, select Discover Products from the left menu.
- Search on the "Symbee Connect" product and subscribe.
- After subscribing you will be forwarded to the Symbee Connect Landing Page to complete the sign-up process.
Refer to the discussion below about Company Aliases and Environments for more context during sign-up.
Company Alias and Environments
Symbee Connect Company Alias
Each time you subscribe to Symbee Connect via the AWS Marketplace, a new Company is provisioned within Symbee Connect.
- During the sign-up process, you are asked to set a Company Alias - any globally unique, ideally easily memorable, alphanumeric string.
- The Company Alias cannot be changed after sign-up and represents the unique identifier for your Symbee Connect account, which needs to be supplied during each login to the Symbee Connect Administration Console.
- Usually a Company within Symbee Connect represents a specific AWS Account, however:
- its possible for a Company to represent multiple AWS accounts if you provision multiple different Environments (refer further below) within the same Symbee Connect Company that each refer to Amazon Connect instances in different AWS Accounts.
- Note: in this configuration, all Symbee Connect usage for all Environments provisioned within the Company will appear and be billed to the original AWS Account used when subscribing to Symbee Connect from the AWS Marketplace.
- However the reverse is not supported for security reasons - Multiple different Symbee Connect Companies can not refer to the same AWS Account.
Symbee Connect Environments
Within each Symbee Connect Company, multiple Environments can be configured. The act of signing up for Symbee Connect creates a Company and its First Environment.
- Think of each Environment in the same way as you think of an Amazon Connect instance.
- Each Environment is intentionally isolated - all objects provisioned within the Environment (e.g. Users, Skill Queues, Hours Schedules, Work Codes) are only for that Environment.
- Environments within a Company usually refer to Amazon Connect instances within the same AWS Account, but they don't have to:
- When multiple Environments refer to Amazon Connect instances in different AWS Accounts, the Symbee Connect usage will appear and be billed to the original AWS Account used when subscribing to Symbee Connect from the AWS Marketplace.
- Environments in the same Company can refer to Amazon Connect instances within different regions.