Symbee Connect Feature List
The following is an itemized, but not exhaustive, list of features provided by the Symbee Connect products. Each of the Symbee Connect features provides "no code" optional and configurable functionality not provided out-the-box by Amazon Connect or the other Customer Engagement related AWS Services.
General Agent and User Interface
- The Symbee Connect Agent/User interface replaces the existing Amazon Connect CCP user interface, providing a vehicle to optionally delivery all the Symbee Connect features to the agent or user.
- 100% intentionally designed from the outset to support being either embedded within a wider CRM UI or alternatively being run as a separate window, as opposed to being a complete full-screen agent UI with other CRM user interfaces embedded within it. For example, embedded within Salesforce, Zendesk, ServiceNow, Dynamics 365, or your own custom in-house developed CRM application.
- Light and Dark UI modes.
- Scalable size for the UI.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) supported through SAML integration between your Identity Provider (IdP) and Amazon Connect.
- User configurable inbound ringtone type (Loud / Soft).
- Control what audio device the inbound ringtone is played through (for example, play ringtone on your PC speaker, with call audio through your headset).
- User configurable chat notification tone (play tone for any new chat conversation activity).
- Jabra headset integration
- Poly / Plantronics headset integration
- Configurable Quick Links (URL shortcut icons) on the User interface toolbar for commonly used applications.
- Creation and deletion of Amazon Connect users through the Symbee Connect Administration Portal.
- Enable or disable all user level features at an individual user level, managed through configurable User Profiles.
- Manage enabled user features using User Templates and bulk applying a user template to a selected set of users.
- Configure users to be automatically logged off at a specified time of day, with an optional log off reminder.
User General (Contact Center and Back Office)
User Calling and Dialing
- User configurable default Country Code and Local Dialing prefix.
- User configurable Call Forwarding
- Direct internal calling between users without the need to configure Extensions, Direct Dial (DID) numbers, or have user to user calls run over the PSTN.
- Allows multiple concurrent User to User calls at the same time (the traditional PBX concept of line appearances).
- User to User calls while also being active on a Contact Center call with a customer.
- Direct non-contact center external calling to the PSTN for back office users.
- Configure users with individual Extensions or Direct Dial (DID) numbers as needed.
- Configure outbound local calling only, local long-distance, or to listed country codes at a user or template level by setting up Contact Permissions rulesets to restrict outbound calling.
- Configurable Emergency 911 calling (available in the US only)
Do Not Call
- Do Not Call (DNC) lists to restrict outbound calling to customers that have requested not to be called.
- Import Do Not Call Lists from external sources.
- Allow agents or users to dynamically add entries to the Do Not Call list when interacting with customers.
- Individual user recent call history visible on the toolbar.
- Shows recent call activity for inbound, outbound, missed calls, showing call times and durations.
- Allows click-to-call for quick callback of recent callers when needed (for example, if a call drops).
- Amazon Connect Contact ID available through the Call History to assist in troubleshooting and support of dropped and missed calls.
Instant Messaging between Users
- Allow users to have instant-message chat conversations between each other through the same single UI being used for Contact Center interactions.
- Configure Instant Message options at a user level, to allow send only, receive only, or both.
- Instant Message between Contact Center Agents and/or Back Office Users.
- Queue based voicemail (allow customers to leave voice messages after-hours at a queue level) to be worked by Supervisors or Team Leads the next day.
- Queue based voicemail delivered to configurable group Email addresses, with attached Voicemail recording and Voicemail Transcription if configured.
- Individual Agent or User based Voicemail
- User based voicemail reviewed and managed through the same single UI used by the users for Interaction Handling - no separate portal.
- User based voicemails can be reviewed, saved, forwarded to others and deleted.
- User configurable personal voicemail greeting (played with Amazon Polly) and greeting personality (to control the selected Polly voice - male/female and language).
Contact Center Specific
Hours of Operation
- Operating Hours schedules including full support for Holiday tables and Ad-Hoc Exception windows as needed.
- Use the same Operating Hours schedules for both Amazon Connect delivered work (Voice, Chat, Tasks) and work delivered outside of Amazon Connect (Email, Preview, other tasks).
- Flow Control Points - define configurable switches and values for use in Contact Flows to allow high-level changes in your call routing to be made quickly when unplanned events occur. For example, disaster recovery, bad weather events, or all-hands meetings
- Update Flow Control Points without needing Contact Flow changes, through the Administration Portal, or by calling into a phone number remotely to switch the changes.
Contact Center Interaction Handling
- Work all supported Amazon Connect contact types - Phone Calls, Chats, and Tasks (known within Symbee Connect as Amazon Delivered).
- Configure agents to receive Amazon Delivered work blended with additional Symbee Connect interaction types. For example, blend agents with inbound voice calls and Email interactions when they are idle.
- Control blending behavior between Amazon Delivered work and Symbee Connect interaction types. For example, allow new voice calls to arrive while working an email, but don't assign new emails when active on a voice call.
- Queue and route Symbee Connect interaction types using skills based routing, user skill proficiency level and queue priority.
- Optionally control Wrap/After Contact Work (ACW) timers and options at the Queue level rather than only the user-level ACW options provided out-the-box by Amazon Connect.
- Blind Transfer - optional and configurable at a user or group template level.
- Configurable Call Recording Pause and Resume for compliance.
- Optional automatically controlled Call Recording Pause and Resume based on users interaction with web-based forms. For example, payment systems.
- Configurable maximum Call Recording Pause timer
- Screen Recording with configurable percentage of interactions to record.
- Screen Recording across all interaction types (Voice, Email and Chat-based interactions) and continues through to the end of Wrap/ACW.
Agent Realtime Queue Stats
- Allows real-time visibility within the Agent UI to the status of only the Contact Center Queues assigned to to the agent.
- For each queue, shows number of contacts waiting, longest waiting, and number of other agents staffed.
Contact Center Supervisor
- Enable Supervisor features at the user and user template level.
- Supervisor real-time view of Queue statistics showing the number of contact waiting, longest waiting, the number of agents staffed, active and unavailable.
- Supervisor Realtime view of logged in agents showing the current agent state and currently active calls and tasks.
- Supervisor Call Monitor (silent listen), Barge In and Call Takeover.
- Supervisors can force log off agents and change agents working state.
- Allow supervisors to communicate real-time with agents using Instant Messaging.
- Optionally limit which Queues a supervisor has visibility to.
- Optionally limit a supervisors view of agents based on hierarchy.
(Also known as Call Dispositions, Result Codes, Activity Codes, and Call Outcomes in other systems and platforms)
- Use Work Codes to capture and categorize the types of Interactions being serviced by your contact center agents and the actions being taken.
- Work Codes get organized into Work Code Groups. The same work code can be part of multiple groups.
- Dynamic work code selection - map work code groups to interaction queues, to control which work code selections are offered to your agents based on the type of interaction currently being worked.
- Configure the order of work codes presented to allow most-used work codes first.
- Configure work code behavior at a user or queue level.
- Work Code behavior includes whether work codes are offered, required (forced work codes) and how many work codes can be selected for an interaction (optional, 1 only or multiple).
Auto-Text Library (Pre-written Text snippets)
- Maintain ordered lists of pre-written phrases for agents to use when servicing digital channel interactions.
- Use pre-written phrases in all chat interaction types (Webchat, SMS, Social chat).
- Use pre-written phrases, paragraphs, or complete email templates, in email interactions.
- Optionally define Auto-Text entries used in email interactions using HTML markup to support rich formatting, links, and images.
- Dynamically present which auto-text entries an agent can select from based on the type and queue of the interaction they are servicing, by organizing auto-text lists into groups, and assigning them to queues.
Agent-side Chat Functionality
- Configurable agent friendly name
- Configurable automatic agent welcome message
- Common agent-side chat user interface for all chat interaction types (Webchat, SMS, Pinpoint, WhatsApp, other Social channels).
- Optionally configure Customer Preview typing (agent sees what the customer is typing) (only currently available with Symbee Connect Delivered Webchat).
- Respond using pre-written phrases or paragraphs from your configured Auto-Text Library.
Contact Center Agent Evaluations and Scorecards
- Configure Evaluation Forms used to rate how your agents are handling interactions for Quality Management and Workforce Optimization.
- Separate Evaluation forms into scored Questions within Sections, with Section and overall Evaluation summaries.
- Allow agents to dispute or challenge their evaluations as needed.
Contact Center Channels
Automated Outbound Dialing
- Preview Dial Campaigns implemented natively within Symbee Connect.
- Progressive Dial behavior (timed auto-dial during preview)
- Configurable Preview and Progressive number of attempts, attempt interval and custom user-selectable retry intervals.
- Control Active Campaign times through Hours of Operation schedules.
- Optionally use Preview Campaigns to manage and deliver other back-office tasks to agents. For example, not just dialing, working back-office tasks.
- Optional further full integration with Enghouse SmartDial for complete market-leading Outbound Dialing functionality, including Preview, progressive, Predictive, and Power dialing modes, full Answer Machine Detection (AMD), and complete Call Treatment plans.
- A complete "no code" configuration-only customer facing Webchat interface.
- Configure different customer facing Webchat instances for each language, brand or queue.
- Fully customizable colors, CSS and logos lets you configure you Webchat to match your brand.
- All text literals used in the customer-facing Webchat are configurable by instance, to allow support for any language.
- Configurable pre-chat questionnaire form to collect identifying customer or account information, reason for contact and initial question.
- Support for the Webchat being either popped out in its own window, or embedded in a frame directly in your website.
- Allow Customers to email the chat transcript to themselves at the end of a chat.
- Configurable idle-conversation timeouts
- Allow Customers to request a promotion of the chat up to a voice conversation with the agent.
- Use full conversational SMS as chat type channel in your Contact Center.
- Inbound SMS messages for configured SMS Phone Numbers are managed as conversations (first recent inbound SMS message from a subscriber initiates a new conversation).
- Inbound SMS conversations are queued and routed like any other Contact Center interaction.
- Begin inbound SMS servicing using either Amazon Delivery (Amazon Chat) allowing the use of Amazon Connect Contact Flows and Lex bots for self-servicing, or alternatively through Symbee Connect Skill Queues.
- Outbound SMS - optionally allow users and agents to initiate unsolicited outbound SMS conversations.
- Send outbound SMS messages while on a phone call with a customer. For example, to send updated credentials, directions or any other use case.
- Configurable idle SMS conversation timeouts.
- Use Amazon Pinpoint SMS as your SMS gateway in your Contact Center.
- Use Twilio SMS as your SMS Gateway.
- Use any other third-party SMS provider gateway that supports the SMPP protocol.
- Route and handle inbound email as a channel into your Contact Center.
- Inbound email is queued and routed like any other Contact Center interaction.
- Configure inbound email auto-responses for both Open and Closed scenarios.
- Email auto-responses can be configured using HTML markup to support rich formatting, links, and images.
- Route inbound email based on subject or body keywords, phrases or from and to email address patterns using email routing rulesets.
- Optionally use email routing rulesets to block delivery of inbound email matching configured patterns.
- Agents can send unsolicited outbound email.
- Agents Reply, Reply All, and Forward using the an email client embedded in the Symbee Connect client.
- Send and receive attachments, and open and view attachments at the agent desktop.
- Pull in pre-written phrases, paragraphs, or complete rich email templates from your configured Auto-Text Library.
- Configure Email Signatures at both the agent level, the email address level, or a combination of both, optionally using HTML markup to support rich formatting, links, logos, and images in your signatures.
- Inbound emails can be transferred between email queues by agents in the same way other interactions like chats and voice calls are transferred.
- Alternatively use Symbee Connect to route and queue your CRM managed email to your agents, with agents using the tools in your CRM to respond to the Email. (Currently implemented with Salesforce, will support other CRMs upon request).
- Agents can park inbound emails in their personal parking area if they are unable to respond immediately.
- Configure parked email expiry settings to return a parked email back into queue for redelivery to an agent upon expiry to ensure email response Service Levels (SLA's) continue to be met.
- Set up shared parking areas to allow visibility by others into currently parked email.
Social Messaging Channels
- Intake direct social messaging conversations into your Contact Center as interactions.
- Inbound social messaging conversations are queued and routed like any other Contact Center interaction.
- Begin inbound social conversations using either Amazon Delivery (Amazon Chat) allowing the use of Amazon Connect Contact Flows and Lex bots for self-servicing, or alternatively through Symbee Connect Skill Queues.
- Configurable idle Social conversation timeouts
- Integration via Twilio for intake of WhatsApp conversations.
- Integration via Zendesk Sunshine Conversations for intake of conversations through WhatsApp, Twitter DM, Facebook Messenger, Viber, LINE, and many more.
Screen Pops, CRM and External System Integration
Contact Attribute Display
- Display of nominated Contact Attribute values set in Amazon Connect Contact Flows to the agent on contact arrival using simple configuration only.
- Contact Attribute values displayed to the agent can be copied into the users clipboard with a single click.
Cloud CRM Integrations
Full prebuilt CRM integrations can be configured at a user profile level for the following popular CRM platforms:
- Zendesk Support
- Oracle NetSuite
- Dynamics 365
- Clio Manage
- ZOHO CRM
Integrating to custom external systems, and in-house developed CRM's
- Quickly set up client-side screen-pop of web-based windows using configuration-only URL templates, injecting dynamic values from nominated Contact Attribute values.
- Dynamically vary the URL templates based on Contact Flow decisions.
- Perform screen-pops for all interaction types (Voice, Chat, Email, SMS, etc).
- Configure HTTP (GET, POST, PUT, PATCH) requests to be sent to server-side integrations, sending configurable payloads (XML, JSON, plan-text) injecting dynamic values from nominated Contact Attribute values.
- Use the Symbee Connect Chrome Browser Extension for generic click-to-call behavior
- User Symbee Connect API's to route, queue, and pop Email interactions that reside in your custom in-house CRM to the next available, best skilled agent.